Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same day change fee charged for Diamond - is this a known glitch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Apologies if there is exiting thread(s) but searching on my phone in chrome was a disaster. In any event, did same day change on app, said fare difference was zero. Chose new seat on new flight then went to complete and got an error. And screen reverted to old flight boarding pass.

Tried again, noted the seat I tried to choose on new flight was no longer available. This time, mind you about 1 minute after the first attempt, it says 75 fare difference. Takes my credit card on file, all processes and I'm on new flight for 75 bucks in a different seat. I go back in about half four later and note my original chosen seat for new flight is back to being available. I open receipt and see 0 for fare difference and 75 service fee? Is this an error for Diamonds? Does it make a difference that the only seats available when I did the change were bulkhead ( both the first unsuccessful attempt and the seat I ultimately got on new flight).
Old May 4, 2024, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by chfenton
Apologies if there is exiting thread(s) but searching on my phone in chrome was a disaster. In any event, did same day change on app, said fare difference was zero. Chose new seat on new flight then went to complete and got an error. And screen reverted to old flight boarding pass.

Tried again, noted the seat I tried to choose on new flight was no longer available. This time, mind you about 1 minute after the first attempt, it says 75 fare difference. Takes my credit card on file, all processes and I'm on new flight for 75 bucks in a different seat. I go back in about half four later and note my original chosen seat for new flight is back to being available. I open receipt and see 0 for fare difference and 75 service fee? Is this an error for Diamonds? Does it make a difference that the only seats available when I did the change were bulkhead ( both the first unsuccessful attempt and the seat I ultimately got on new flight).
I assume you are talking about a revenue ticket and not an award ticket. There is obviously no $75 same-day fee for a GM/PM/DM/360. But there could still be a fare difference for SDC if there is no original fare class available. Only SDS is free. By fluke could the fare difference have been $75?
Old May 4, 2024, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I assume you are talking about a revenue ticket and not an award ticket. There is obviously no $75 same-day fee for a GM/PM/DM/360. But there could still be a fare difference for SDC if there is no original fare class available. Only SDS is free. By fluke could the fare difference have been $75?
I would have thought possibly a fluke with fare difference but new receipt says fare difference zero and shows the 75 as service fee?
Old May 4, 2024, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by chfenton
I would have thought possibly a fluke with fare difference but new receipt says fare difference zero and shows the 75 as service fee?
If so just call and get it refunded. I’ve had similar situations before with luggage charges for Amex holders. They will reverse it.
Old May 4, 2024, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
If so just call and get it refunded. I’ve had similar situations before with luggage charges for Amex holders. They will reverse it.
Yup thanks, just had a DM conversation on X with what seemed like a knowledgeable agent. She confirmed same things I saw specifically that fare was same on old and new flights and has already processed the refund and I received a refund confirmation code. So seems all set but frustrating that have to go through that in the first place e.
Old May 4, 2024, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
When this happens, the change completed (this is why the seat you selected showed selected). However the ticket didn't revalidate. (Online SDC the ticket isn't reissued, rather revalidated)

Unfortunately the app has issue, especially if this is the 2nd SDC on a reservation.

Last edited by flyerCO; May 4, 2024 at 7:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.