Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

How Can TK Regain its Former Status as Europe's Number 1 Airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat

It will come as little surprise to most TK*G members that Turkish Airlines has lost its status as Europe's Number One Airline to Lufthansa. It was time that TK was given a kick in the pants but the question is whether they will wake up or just brush it off as a plot by people who do not like them.

Since the security problems developed in Turkey, I have recently flown more frequently with Lufthansa and find the experience far less stressful. The service is consistently good and they have a functioning customer service system to assist when things go wrong. For me, TK need to begin the regeneration process by admitting they are not perfect and train their staff to be less arrogant when dealing with mishandled customers.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:48 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Agree - they need to improve pathetic groumd experience and be more customer-friendly. Plus one inch of snow simply shouldn't make IST airport inoperative (not TK issue, but they are the largest airline there, so should have enough power to push for changes).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Very simple.
- Start recognizing their elite flyers.
- Improve ground services as they are a shame for TK. (transfer desk etc)
- Improve costumers services in general and specially during irop situations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.